Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A day in the life of a third grader.

So today was our second field trip which we prepared for by drinking lots of wine
and going to see Batman the night before, and waking up has never felt so wonderful and refreshing.
As I write this, I'm quite delusional and in desperate need of a nap, but, with my rigorous night
schedule, I was unsure that I would get around to writing any other time.

Anyway, after greeting the morning, Katie and I decided that this was one field trip we wanted to look cute for, so we put on decent clothes and groomed ourselves accordingly. In fact, I think it even went something like this:
Katie: Are you going to wear your tennis shoes?
Me: No. I'm going to wear my boots, but that is probably going to be a poor decision.
Katie: Ok. I'll probably change my shoes then. Are you going to bring a jacket?
Me: No, I figure you haven't worn a jacket in a while so long sleeves will probably be fine.
Katie: Ok. I'll leave my jacket behind, too.

Well, as luck would have it, Katie and I were one of the few (...or the only ones) who missed the memo that today's field trip would take place in a dirty, muddy, wet coal mine that was super cold and would require jackets. Go figure.

It ended up looking a little something like this: (And this is sadly the best picture we got...)

The tour itself was interesting, but we preferred being outside where the hills seemed to stretch on forever.

The second half of the field trip was to a museum, but it was a real bore and nothing worth mentioning beyond the pretty gardens.

Other than the ridiculous field trips, the our class on British politics and culture is pretty interesting, but I think we're all ready to move to the student village and start our real classes.

But I digress tremendously and cannot seem to put my thoughts into words,
so a nap it is, and a better, less ridiculous post soon.

No comments: